Throughout the course, you have studied and written about a number ofcounseling theories that are used as the basis for the counselingprofession. In this paper, choose a theory and compare it against eachof the following four theories:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing
Choose a theory that you have studied in this course. Do not choose one of the four theories listed above.
Compare your selected theory against the four theories listed above.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 1,500-2,000-word paper discussing your theory comparisons. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: Selected Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for the selected theory
- Standard interventions for the selected theory
- At least three main concepts of the selected theory
Part 2: Cognitive Behavior Theory (CBT)
- Founding theorist(s) for CBT
- Standard interventions for CBT
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and CBT
Part 3: Motivational Interviewing
- Founding theorist(s) for motivational interviewing
- Standard interventions for motivational interviewing
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and motivational interviewing
Part 4: Solution-Focused Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for solution-focused theory
- Standard interventions for solution-focused theory
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and solution-focused theory
Part 5: Psychoanalysis
- Founding theorist(s) for psychoanalysis
- Standard interventions for psychoanalysis
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and psychoanalysis
Part 6: Theory Integration
- Which of the four theories listed would be best integrated with your selected theory and why (select one theory).
Besides the course textbook, include at least six scholarly references in your paper.